Aug 5, 2008

Chores and Such

Hannah has inherited a bath book called My First Truck Bath Book and she loves it. I would like to spend a little time in the kitchen doing some of my own projects. Thus I hatched a plan to purchase her some fun toy cars she could play with on the hard floor and I could have some down time. She was pleased with these I picked out (we got the first 3) and after 6 minutes had rolled them around, played with a set of crayons I got out, and had moved on to my last resort, a little bowl of cheerios and a CD of 60's music. That combo worked the best and if she wandered off and an especially fun song came on she would run run run back to the stereo for some dancing. It's amazing that even babies know what songs are most marketable because it was all the most popular ones she was most interested in and all the ones I hadn't really heard that did not get her attention.
Here is Hannah in our rock bed on the back deck. The array of colorful outdoor toys lay ignored while the rocks get all of her attention, getting sorted, piled, and eventually thrown. : )
We have told Hannah that when the new baby comes she will have to do all of our laundry. She has taken to the task well and even seems pleased with her new Cinderella role.


For the last week I've been playing Donizetti's L'Elisir D'Amore (The Elixir of Love). It's a comedy opera about a fake bottle of love potion that turns out to be just wine. It's not too complicated but the audiences seemed to enjoy it. We had 4 performances and I was feeling sick for two of them. My fellow horn player was very understanding while I just sat motionless during the intermissions rather than being sociable. The opera is over now so I get to enjoy some evenings at home.....right when some church services start back up and now Dax has to leave! We'll line up our schedules eventually.

1 comment:

The Robertson Family said...

Yeah once they start walking it is hard to get something done all at once! And the rocks are very interesting haha That's a good thing about front load washers...they can help :)