Nov 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and Other Happenings

Chloe's umbilical cord was pretty late coming off so she just had her first bath last Saturday. She seemed interested in it but lost her patience with us toward the end. : )

Hannah in her pretty pink petticoat for church. Also, on Sunday afternoon Anna and I went to see Twilight. I've made fun of her and Dax's obsession with vampires for years and when I heard about this book and movie I was sure it was another thing to avoid. However..I ended up reading the book straight through (a nice way to spend 3am feedings) in a couple of days and enjoyed the movie too. I'm now on book 2.


Megan and Phoebe came to visit again and this time was special because it's the first time our girls were on the same level- both walking. They followed each other around the house and played with all of Hannah's toys.

Enjoying Corduroy Goes to the Doctor read by Megan. Hannah's wearing her froggy
house slippers.

They were hoping to go in the back yard but it was a little too chilly and a little too close to nap time.

All mothers can relate to this picture! Step out of the room for just a second....

My mother visited us for Thanksgiving this year since we had to stay in Texas and the rest of our family was so spread out this year. Rather than cook or clean, we went to Texas de Brazil! and had lots of wonderful food. Dax made us a lemon pie to enjoy when we returned home.

Nana, Hannah, and Grandma at the restaurant. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Myself and Dax...obviously : )

At the dinner table. We enjoyed our own conversation plus the table's next to us who talked extremely loudly in strong Boston accents about their dogs.

Chloe was wonderfully asleep during dinner and awoke at the end. I'm not one for attempting to nurse in public- that's just me- so Chloe is enjoying a bottle here. Her being able to do this also allows me some freedom to leave the house on my own now!!


Hanging out at home, but it looks like Grandma's still hungry and about to eat the baby.

This morning my mom and I saw Four Christmases and did some shopping. We bought Hannah some new clothes and Dax stayed at home, cleaned his office, and put up a tree. This is our artificial one now named the "church tree" with all the icon ornaments. We're getting a live tree for the den this year. We haven't been able to do that before since we were always headed out of town for Christmas.

Sigh of relief! As I've said before, Chloe is a very fidgety baby who has trouble just being calm as well as staying asleep. For some crazy reason we only got a little bouncy seat for her and did not replace the "missing parts" swing we used for Hannah thinking we wouldn't need it. Well Chloe simply cannot go to sleep without movement and I don't have the arms to entertain both kids 100% of the time. My mom took me to find a swing today and as you can see, it is a lifesaver. She looks very sweet in her new chair. We'll have to rearrange the furniture, though, because Hannah keeps trying to scoot past it and disrupts the rocking- which is the whole point!

4 comments:

The Robertson Family said...

Uh oh Cheetos!!! That baby swing looks sooo soft and comfortable! Mother eating Chloe haha. Sounds like yall had a lot of fun at Thanksgiving. We didn't get a chance to go 4am shopping because Chris's check didn't come in early. :( We did go buy Christmas lights and a wreath for the front door, and an inflatable snowman for the yard!
hotskenc

melody said...

hahaha! my word for this time is "grizzle"- i like that one a lot.

i'm glad mother got to come up there! i'm going to write an entry soon about my thanksgiving...
hannah looks pretty in her little petticoat!

gioiarioia said...

I haven't read the Twilight books - but everyone at school has. One of my classmates is Stephenie Meyer's brother/webmaster.

The Robertson Family said...

Thanks! Go to The Cutest Blog On the Block for all kinds of neat blog stuff!!!!!