Oct 5, 2009

Pumpkins Galore


I love pumpkins. I can't get enough of them and if I had enough money, I would have them lining our driveway right now. Friday I took the girls to the Dallas Arboretum with Megan's family and there were thousands...and thousand of pumpkins!

Pumpkins lined every little walkway- and this is a large place you could spend hours in- and here is the little pumpkin hut they decorated.

Hannah is shaming someone for something I'm sure : )

Little Finley is a natural poser.

Their whole family can pose for pictures. Murphy is ready for his senior (5th grade) picture.

Chloe has found something distasteful.

This one deserves some explanation. As I couldn't get them to look at me at the same time I only got a couple of shots. I told Hannah to pull down her skirt a bit (even though she did have shorts) and this is what she did instead. I guess that works.

Hannah loved climbing the huge pile of pumpkins a few feet tall. Kids were climbing everywhere. It was a pumpkin playground.

Chloe didn't get too far.

Chloe and Phoebe tried out the maze which we all agreed had walls that were a little too short.

Megan and I trying to be funny, but after all these years I think we're losing our touch. : )

Snacktime before we walk around. Megan was kind enough to provide all the food that day. I owe her one..or two....okay four.

It's Murphy's turn to hold up a tree.

The Benton family. I like this bunch.

For a change of pace, we went to another fall festival on Saturday! The children's home has a family festival too and Nana is in charge of the food, namely the Fruit Kabobs. Here Hannah has quite a reaction to Nana's kolache offering. What? Her hair? Oh- they did wacky hair sculptures there but Hannah backed out at the last second. She felt like being practical. Now that I think about it, I should have had it done, but I wasn't feeling well at all so maybe next time.


Again, they make the same faces.

Hannah's dream come true- bounce houses!!!

Chloe gets to bounce. I'm now calling her hair the "peacock-mullet do". Hannah had something similar so we can expect the next stage to be "full-headed 80's tease."

Here they got to take a little hay ride and were dropped off at the mini patch.

Hannah really liked the petting zoo. Since we forgot a dollar for the feed, she was resourceful and decided they would like to eat acorns. Each animal sniffed her hand and rejected it as non-food but Hannah took that to mean they were eating it and she was very excited.

Now the bunnies get acorns.

Each goat also received a hug.

And the train riders receive a wave. Last but never least, the final pumpkin picture. I turned around yesterday and saw this...

Mmmm- pumpkin stem pie, coming right up.

2 comments:

The Robertson Family said...

HAHAHAHA that last photo was hilarious! I want to visit the pumpkin hut!! Looks like yall had loads of fun

melody said...

all of this looks like so much fun! i can't believe all those pumpkins! that's neat that they have a place like that- i wish there was one here.
hannah looks so thrilled about those things anna has- that's so cute!



chtfixt