Jan 17, 2010

Healthy Days, Please Come Back

Well there's not much to report this week as sickness has hit us twice since the last post. Right after Hannah's recital, she had a bout of feeling sick to her stomach. It only lasted a day, but the next morning I felt horrible. I stayed in bed for almost two days. A couple of days went by with everyone feeling well. Chloe has thankfully avoided most of it. She's really loving walking and has many more interests now. She feels confident on her riding horse...as longing as she's going backward. She also has a surprising new interest in books. I say surprising because since Hannah loves books so much, I just assumed Chloe would be the opposite. Instead, she loves to bring me a book and crawl in my lap. I love it! She has 2 favorite books which are also favorites of Hannah's and she usually brings me one of the those. The first is Mr. Brown Can Moo by Dr. Seuss. The othe is Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle. They both love anything by him.

In the meantime we are always on the lookout for healthy, simple, and good tasting meals. This one at least looks pretty. It was a little too spicy for my taste, but a healthy chicken salad is always nice to eat.

Poor little Hannah. She never ever sits during the day and here she is asleep in the middle of the day. Friday night was awful. She woke up crying a couple of times so we put her in bed with us. This resulted in Dax retreating to the couch while Hannah squirmed literally all night long. I tried to hold her tightly against me and that would help for a bit but then I would get smacked in the face. I just had to bide my time until morning because I certainly wasn't getting any sleep. On Saturday, Hannah was a mess. She could hardly keep her droopy eyes open. She had a fever, a cough, and slept all day off and on while watching her favorite- The Food Network. Saturday night she woke up crying of a stomach ache and I slept in the den with her. She seemed to feel even worse and had some terrible stomach pains which made me feel so helpless!! I took her in to the doctor today since she wasn't getting any better after taking the medicine we gave her. At first they thought she might have strep but it turns out she has "Sore Throat." Really? I said. Turns out there's nothing we can do for her! Well, I guess that's good and bad news, but I hope the poor thing will improve tomorrow and I especially hope Chloe doesn't come down with it too. She's had her own issues with digesting food this weekend but doesn't seem to feel bad. Hannah never admitted to having a sore throat, but the doctor said most two year-olds only notice the other symptoms. Oh well. She went to bed pretty cranky. I hope she'll sleep through the night. Why I am I writing so much about something so common? Well, this is the first time Hannah has been sick in her life! So it's a big deal to us and very new to try to help someone who can't seem to be helped other than try to make her comfortable.

In other news, I'm looking forward to my next book club meeting. One, because I like the people so much, and the other, because I really enjoyed the book this month. Tudor Rose was about Elizabeth Tudor (the grandmother of the Queen Elizabeth we are all familiar with). I did not like the first few chapters but I really got into and was disappointed when it ended.

Here are some places I would like to be right now. Just thought I would share : ).....


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

melody said...

aw poor hannah! i hope she's feeling better...
i like that chloe is walking around and liking books!