Mar 31, 2010

Sweet Peas



We're still waiting for a picture of them hugging that doesn't look more like a strangle.

Chloe is almost officially off her bottle. This was one of her last ones. She's slow to accept new things sometimes and after 3 or 4 months, she will now drink milk out of a cup. : )

She's definitely wanting to become more independent. She doesn't necessarily copy everything Hannah does, but she notices when she can do something herself: throw away trash, put up her laundry, put toys and books up. She's dying to put on her shoes by herself, but she must wait on her little body to learn coordination.

What is this?? Yes, this is Hannah's picture. We checked out several books from the library last week. For the first time, I gave her the little basket and let her choose all her own books. Whatever she wanted went in. I thought she would be super picky, but she always surprises me. She dumped a bunch of books in there and went on her way. Chloe actually looked at some titles. One book made it in that turned out to be perfect.- about an older Russian Orthodox lady painting eggs for Easter. She befriended an injured goose. I believe you understand the photo now. It does seem a little graphic, so Hannah was taken with it right away and asked for the camera. I left her alone with her subject, but the next day when Dax went through our pictures he said, "What is this??" It wasn't the goose he saw, but about 172 other pictures Hannah had taken around the house, mostly shots of the carpet, close-ups of blankets, stuff like that.

The girls spent forever cleaning this toy dog with baby wipes the other day. Just thought I'd share. That reminds me, yesterday they played in their room for awhile while I got some things done. I heard knocking so I decided to retrieve them. "Look what we made, Mommy! A mountain!!!!" They had somehow gotten to a full box of wipes in a drawer and pulled every last one onto the floor in a heap. Several minutes were spent shoving each wipe back into the tiny slit.

Hannah requested this picture as well.

And this one...I think she has an eye for the dramatic.

Thanks for the Easter present, Grandma. We love brightly colored spring clothes.

Pretty weather is here!!

One big project that's been in the works for a few months has been my brass quintet planning another demo cd. We were able to record it last Saturday and hope to hear the master an a couple of weeks!

I leave you with "Conversations with Hannah."

Me reading from a children's book about church. ..."And then Father Michael gives the sacraments." A few paragraphs later, Hannah says. "Yes, I like blue, red, pink...."
Me- "What are those colors for?"
"For the suckers!"
Oh, it does sound like Father Michael gives out suckers. : )

Me pretending to eat a rock.
H- No! We can't eat rocks!!
M- Why not?
H- Because you're only supposed to eat REAL food.
M- What kind of food is a rock?
H- That's OLD food.
M- What about a flower? Can I eat that?
H- No, they're special.

Hannah giving me a hint singing from Annie- "Tomorrow, tomorrow, you'll vacuum, tomorrow!"


Last but not least, I also let the girls pick out videos at the library. Chloe picked one called Getting Ready. That seems good to me. They are so slow getting ready, maybe this will speed up their process. I turned it on and left the room. Then Dax calls out, "What is this??" as he is known to do if you read above. I hear a creepy, slow, male voice talking about showering. When I look at the screen, he's literally in the shower scrubbing his hairy chest. Uh oh- I thought this was about how to tie shoes or something. Dax looks at the box. Oh! This is for special needs kids. They are literally going through every daily process....even if that makes us parents a little uncomfortable when Hairy Man starts scrubbing his legs. He also puts on underwear but they cut away just in time. Whew! There were several more uncomfortable moments that had Dax and me laughing. We let it play and decided maybe not to show it again. But the next day, Hannah asked for it specifically. "I want to watch the man who is so great at putting his clothes on!" She's now watched it 4 or 5 times and loves it. It does include his son and putting on coats and scarves and such, as well as some good spelling lessons, but still. I'm personally ready for the library to take possession again.

2 comments:

The Robertson Family said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

melody said...

hahah that sounds like a strange video! and it's so funny that dax walks in the room and sees them watching something like that.

i like hannah's polka dot dress and the cotton candy shirt! i guess those were from mother.

hannah is funny wanting to pose in the little baby bed.