Apr 9, 2010

Easter

Happy Easter- We weren't going to bother with Santa or Easter Bunny pictures this year since the girls are in a stage where they're afraid of their own shadows. However, I made a quick run to Walgreens and there stood the Easter Bunny waving. The cashier said they were taking free photos. I couldn't resist- especially since this bunny was much less scary than many I've seen. We stopped in on our way to church. Hannah felt this "Long Bunny" was her best friend. She hugged and hugged him. She cleaned up his Easter grass and photo props. She helped the photographer get other kids to say cheese. He even gave her a balloon from the display for all her good help. It just goes to show that kids can always surprise you. The non-surprise was that Chloe would go nowhere near him, thus no Chloe in this picture.




We dyed eggs on Thursday. Hannah added a plethora of football and fire engine stickers to hers.


Since our "Pascha" Easter service takes place from Saturday 11:30pm - Sunday 4:00am, I went to only about the first hour while Anna stayed with the girls. The next morning Dax slept in till about 2pm. We gave the girls their baskets right before we left for the afternoon church service and picnic. They were so enthralled with the first pieces of chocolate they saw, they hardly looked the the rest of the baskets until we got back home.

Just as it was time to leave, we couldn't find Chloe's shoes anywhere! We scoured the entire house until it dawned on me. She's been trying to put away her own laundry lately and since the diaper pale and laundry basket look similar, she's been throwing away her clothes. I checked the trash- new bag. So yes, we found her church shoes in the back yard stuffed in with dirty diapers. Yuck!

We made it to church successfully and took their annual pictures next to the pretty flowers.

I love that kids just go with the flow. They had no idea why they were carrying around colorful baskets, but hey, mommy gave them to us to hold, so let's hold them.



Getting ready for the hunt.



"How am I supposed to get to that one?"

The whole family.

Nana, Thea, and girls.

Sorting through the loot.

I stole this one from someone else. We love how Hannah is just sitting in the midst of all these adults concentrating on her egg.

Days have been prettier here so I love having lunch on the back porch. It means they graze more than eat, but it's moments like these that I think to myself, "This is what I've always wanted!"

Early on when Dax and I dated, he like to do this horribly gross facial expression where he stuck out his tongue in place of his top lip. I haven't seen that in years now....until his offspring picked the same thing up on her own!

Wednesday we went to our favorite Texas de Brazil with Anna and 'Rick and Raina' from church- as they always seemed to be called by a one unit name. Dinner was delicious as always and we returned to the house for some ice cream and chatting. This was an early celebration of Dax's birthday. I wish I had taken a couple of pictures. No, this is not what Hannah wore to dinner. On Thursday, we had a playdate at a friend's house with a couple of new moms I really liked. The host had a stash of dress-up clothes and for the first time ever, Hannah was interested. She kept calling herself fancy. Chloe was obsessed with a gigantic baby doll and stroller she found there. Of course, as a mom, I immediately start thinking about how to get Hannah some dress-up clothes and Chloe a stroller but then two things came to mind. Where in the world would those go in our small house right now? And, if I give them everything, going somewhere else to play won't be that interesting if you already have everything at your own house.

Today was a luxury for me because I "informed" Dax I would spend the day at Ikea, my favorite place to roam. As it can take a good 1-2 hours to walk through, I was excited to be able to take my time and go all by myself. On the way, I stopped to get gas and a fountain drink. I handed the cashier a $10 bill and headed out to the car. I was so excited about my special beverage I just drove off without pumping the gas! I didn't realize it until I was about 20 minutes away in another town and looked at the gas gauge. It was almost on empty. What? Oh no!! I called Dax to admit to him what a ditsy wife he had and he graciously called the station who held onto the cash for me so I could actually pump my gas later that day. Anyway, I had a great time wandering around Ikea and took tons of pictures of ideas I liked since we are redoing the office....slowly but surely. If you've never been to one of these stores, they have sample showrooms set up all over the place along with the merchandise. This is my very favorite room and I could just live in it forever. All white, with tons of light streaming in! How peaceful and happy. The best part of the store is getting to buy a fresh cinnamon roll when you walk out for only $1. I love that place!

1 comment:

The Robertson Family said...

Love the girls in yellow! They are getting so big! That's funny about the shoes and gas