Apr 22, 2010

Family Fun

A couple of weeks ago I took Hannah and Chloe to the Denton Redbud Festival at the Civic Center. The Redbud is a tree and people were selling lots of plants and trees there. They had plenty of indoor booths of different arts and crafts, a turtle exhibit, etc. And outside of course...bounce houses and food.

Hannah kept getting in and out of this one for the younger kids. She did not like it when older kids got in there and even told one boy to "get out!" She thought the attendant at the entrance was the dad of all the other kids and kept telling me their dad needed to get them out. "Dad" did a good job of protecting the younger ones so they could have a good time. I was proud of Hannah for trying the larger obstacle course next to this one.

After her friendship with the Easter Bunny Hannah apparently takes well to all human sized animals- still much better than to real animals. She now remembers this one fondly as the "Easter Bird."

The girls enjoy their first corn dogs together. At least their first ones with me. I thought they would gobble them up, but it took them at least 30 minutes to get these down!

I know this is pretty gross but I had to take a picture when poor Chloe couldn't even breath or eat her soup with this obstruction of peanut butter on her face! She kept trying to sing the blob into her mouth- ew! Don't worry, I cleaned her up right away : )

Another special treat for the girls is something we're trying to make a Monday night tradition. Beth Marie's (our favorite homemade ice cream joint) has opened another location nearer to us. Every Monday they have $1 junior cones and crafts for the kids. Dax and I decided we're going to take the opportunity to try new flavors we wouldn't have tried if buying a big cone. I tried raspberry truffle. He had his standard but will get more adventurous next time. I love to see the girls' happy faces over their simple chocolate and vanilla cones.

Hannah colors an Earth Day poster.

After the craft they get to pick out a balloon and head outside to the fountain. Hannah and Chloe chunk in some pennies and then run around a bit.


This one reminds me of a tabloid picture- "Out and about, the Stokes family stops for a cool treat at an ice cream shop, Chloe donning a Ralph Lauren (Walmart?) top and Hannah sporting a Calvin Klein (hand-me-down from a friend) matching shirt and shorts."

I love how the girls can be up to up to random activities every time I turn around. They put on matching hats and bit on plastic plates this day- whatever makes you happy! This morning, Hannah got completely undressed and before I could put her clothes on for the day, she told me she would be right back. She had to check on something. A couple of minutes later I found her naked, standing on the hearth, grabbing at air and pretending to eat it. Again....whatever makes you happy.

Dax turned 32!!!!! We celebrated with a little cake and ice cream. Anna made a large cake to take to church the next morning. Later that night Dax and I went to see Clash of the Titans. We laughed through most of it. He's always loved the original and this one did not hold up. There were even some good actors in it who performed like they were in a high school play! Halfway through Dax turned to me and said he was sorry. Haha- I thought we had a good time chuckling through it and it was nice just to be together.

One more cake picture- as if this blog doesn't have enough of those! From the look of this post, we only feed our kids junk food!

I put the girls to work in the garden (weedy yard). We cleaned out a flower bed which had grown into a forest. They found lots of snails and Hannah was very excited to have touched a green worm- caterpillar. I was impressed she tried- they are usually flitting about the yard trying to avoid every bug they see. I'm always trying to explain- bugs live outside! You have to get used to them!

We hung out at Jessica's house today. Hannah continued her fondness for dress up. Actually we went to a neat birthday last week and she played dress-up there as well. We didn't have our camera but she made a very cute ninja cowgirl. Today she dressed in fancier attire.

Even Chloe loved piling the beads on.

Lil and Hannah- fancy ladies chatting away.

Now there's a cell phone in the mix! No calling boys until you are 25!

2 comments:

melody said...

i thought i'd commented on this already! i wonder what i had written....
i like the "tabloid" picture of dax, chloe, and hannah-- chloe looks like she's so grown up feeling walking around!

melody said...

i also love the picture of hannah and chloe with their ice cream- they have the biggest smiles!