Aug 30, 2010

Fair Days


11 Weeks old


He's as tall as Chloe from head to knees.


I try to shove my way into the picture.


Grandma has given the girls a couple of magazine subscriptions. Hannah gets Ladybug and Your Big Backyard. Chloe gets Baby Animals. Both are really excited when a magazine comes in the mail for them! We read through the first issue of Your Big Backyard and Hannah wanted to do this bear activity. You make a bear out of a tissue box and feed it blueberries.


Here is our version! Haha.


We didn't have anything but real blueberries so the girls threw buttons in his mouth. : )


Our house with 3 kids is a constant rotation of unhappiness and happiness.
Colin is happy.


But Chloe's throwing a tantrum. The third kid is usually either transitioning from happy to unhappy or vice versa at this time.


A sisterly kiss. Colin kind of looks like a businessman negotiating a deal.


He likes to hold this little elephant blanket and chew its nose.


Happy! Time for dress up again.


This week we were able to go to the North Texas State Fair. We had free tickets from Nana. Colin stayed with her so we could enjoy time with just the girls. We packed and planned etc. etc. Got to the fair, parked, got the girls out, who were very excited, and then asked each other for the tickets. Oh no! We had to pack the girls back up and I felt like the worst mom in the universe. They were so excited and now couldn't understand why we pushed the rewind button! We explained it as best we could. Thankfully we didn't have to go all the way back home as were able to do a ticket trade with Nana. Once we were headed back to the fair, Hannah (who had been sobbing the whole time) said, "Yay!! I don't have to cry anymore?" Oh dear. So 2nd time's the charm and we made it. The girls mainly wanted to jump in the bounce houses. Now how many pictures do I have on this blog of a bounce house?? Their shrieks of happiness made it worth it.


We tried the petting zoo. Dax and I really need to brush up on our animals. He was convinced one animal was a llama but I'll guarantee it was a calf. Sorry, Dax. I write the blog! We decided something else could be a llama, but I'm pretty sure it was a baby camel. : )


Neither girl wanted to be let down, but they did do some petting.


Train ride!


There they go!


I have old home movies of myself and Mary Beth on these boats. It's so neat watching my own daughter ride them too! Poor Chloe was nowhere near the height requirement. I don't see her growing 6 inches over the next year either!


So she rode the carousel with Daddy.


Let me go back- this was the North Texas State Fair...and Rodeo! We really wanted to see the Muttin Buston, which is little bitty kids who wrangle lambs and other baby animals. I've heard it's really entertaining. The quarter-finals were at 7:20, but we guessed the wrong arena (rather than reading signs of course). We waited in this place for quite awhile and enjoyed the horses and flags. Then they spent forever announcing bull riders. Wait a minute. Call me overprotective, but I didn't really want the girls watching men getting thrown to the ground by large animals. Hannah has enough nightmares every week as it is. She says last week some chickens attacked her. So we left the arena and headed for the ice cream we promised.


Look at those faces! Everyone in the exhibit area stopped to watch them eat. And pointed and laughed! Now, I used to envision myself as the sophisticated mom who looked cute at the fair or any other event we took the family to. I know. It's a vision.


Here is the reality. Never hold a 1 year old while she eats ice cream. At least she still wanted to be held and that covered the mess. : )


This picture is for future Hannah. I've told you too many times to get your finger out of your nose while I'm taking your picture..and at any other time too! : )


After gawking at the lights and way too tall rides (I used to love those and now I think they are too intimidating) we took another round on the carousel so Hannah could ride too.


The tractor pull was packing up and let the girls have a go.


The cowboy gives her a ribbon.


Chloe's little legs can't push so the cowboy gave her a ride.


She got a ribbon too!


Saturday we went to Barnes and Noble storytime presented by some Girl Scouts. Thom is the guy with the guitar. He goes to our church and works at the bookstore. He provided lots of entertainment. They enjoyed some storytime cake for lunch that day. Hannah also impresses me with her confidence. At the fair and here and most places, she walks up to kids her age and says "hi" right away. She becomes instant friends. She and the girl next to them had a little chat before the activities.

1 comment:

The Robertson Family said...

YAY! I love the Fair! We are taking the kids this weekend. The ice cream all over your shirt was great! lol....I remember those boats. And it is sad when Kayla is tall enough for a ride and Preston isn't. The pic of you sneaking in made me laugh and Hannah picking her nose.