Sep 18, 2010

This and That


As Dora would say, "Backpack, backpack!"


Hannah showing off her first solo somersaults.


These two are going to be double trouble I believe. You can tell by their faces and their filthy shirts. : )


"Who me?"


Always nice to get a hug- even a suffocating one.


Rare picture of me, but not rare form. Obviously I haven't been focusing on looking like much lately. I've got a wardrobe of casual clothes that only sort of fit...and time to do my hair? Not happening. Those out there wondering what I want for Christmas? Gift cards to get some clothes!


14 Weeks He's definitely starting to notice his own feet now, notice when we give him a toy, and notice when someone is nearby that he likes. He's also going to have me smiling all the time. If I feel down or stressed or something serious is going on...I look down and there is Colin grinning. Well, not in these pictures, but it's true. : )


Chloe finally grew her lion's mane to the point of no return. Time for her first haircut. This was the only split second she sat without being upset. She was offered the lollipop and that helped for as long as it took for me to snap a photo. She did not like the fire truck, scissors, movie, etc. I had to hold her in another chair and the hairdresser could only get a bit trimmed! Pretty much enough to save in a baby book. At least the back is even now. And she showed me a way to keep her bangs back that didn't result in a big floppy-do thing on top.


Hannah sat like a pro.


They got glittery stars on their cheeks. I guess Colin was upset he had no need for a haircut so he screamed the entire time. The hairdresser was very patient and even rocked him for me a couple of times. Thankfully we were the only patrons in there.


Hanging out with a bear and some wipes.


Friday we were invited to the park for some fun. Several moms/kids from church were there as well as some extended moms/kids. I was very happy to meet two ladies who quilt! I've been getting in some quilting lately (will have some results to post soon) but I've yet to meet anyone who shares the love and is willing to help out a beginner like me. It turns out one of the women is actually the secretary for the local quilt guild. Maybe this will give me a chance to make some friends in the quilting world. It's definitely a world. Oh- the picture. The girls hang out with their friend, Claire, who is only a few days younger than Hannah.


Lunch time! How many PB&J sandwiches can you count in this picture?


We've not come cross many book activity ideas lately, but I think this one counts. I think about 80% of children's books feature farm animals. Hannah got this set for Christmas last year but has been really interested in them lately. Usually she wants me to carry on lots of silly dialogue between Mitzi the horse and a miniature turkey. I was a little bored with that this day so we had them all do Ring Around the Rosie.


The Animal Promenade


And they all fall down! Or are slammed to the ground by a 3 year old.


Let's try some other scenarios. Dictator Cow looks over his subjects.


Make-shift animal barn.


Remember this? One of my favorite childhood movies. Land Before Time. I put this on the best thing ever invented, the Netflix Instant Queue and Hannah watched it today. It's been a long time, so I wasn't sure if the T-Rex scene would scare her. Scratch that/ T-Rex scenes. I forgot how much of this movie is baby dinosaurs screaming, falling, and running for their lives! There are the sweet and cute moments, though, and Hannah seemed to like the whole thing- mildly. As soon as they reached the Great Valley, before they even had the chance to reunite with their families (spoiler!!- haha) Hannah was telling me it was over and I should turn it off.

In other news I've only got one writing assignment left in my writing course- started last October! I finished some illustrations for a children's book. See post below. And I'm ready for some free time. I intend to spend it reading, quilting, and catching up on Mad Men.

3 comments:

The Robertson Family said...

I don't have my contacts in yet or I would have counted the PB &J sandwiches! Haha you and all the fa animals...you must have been bored.lol!

The Robertson Family said...

*farm* I sneezed while typing and forgot to finish that word,lol!

melody said...

haha mary beth!

i love the pictures of colin and chloe-- they are so sweet!
ahh the land before time! i cry every time i watch that movie, but it's still one of my favorites!