Aug 19, 2012

Tennessee Part 2 and Back Home

 For an early birthday outing, Mary Beth and I took my mom out for lunch. Classic Mary Beth knows of a restaurant where they will embarrass the birthday girl. : )

 Best picture ever.

 I love this completely messy whipped cream symbol for Happy Birthday. And I've never heard a more lackluster performance of the song from the waiters- which made it all that much funnier!

 They got me too.  After that, we headed to the animal shelter- and there starts the sad saga of my mom's poor little puppy Shelby. For the sake of some and myself, let's just say the puppy was extremely loved for a few days before she passed away. I have some really sweet pictures, but will save them for another time :)  In the meantime, we had a lovely birthday dinner at home with most of the family.




We spent more time outside- this is what Colin did whenever I tried to get a picture of him.
 The lovely dock on the lake out back with all the grandkids running around.
 
View of the house from the back. My mom's always wanted her wrap-around porch! 
We play a little tag.

And we play some Mall Madness and Dream Phone- the games my sisters and I played as kids and we drag out every once in awhile for some laughs. Let's just say we couldn't follow the real rules with the little ones, and it was pretty difficult to get them to understand the games- haha. They had no idea why they were calling "guys" and getting clues or trying to get from one store sale to another.


 The hand washing line before dinner.




Hope to come back soon!!!

Back at home, the kids were into some mischief.

 Sticker wardrobe design.





An exclusive underwear, sock, and shoe store.

Hannah waits for her piano teacher. She loves her lessons, but does not love to practice what he assigns. So she's like every other kid.





                                     Nana made these beautiful church dresses for the girls.
Phoebe had her 5th birthday party. She's headed off to kindergarten at her mom's school! 
 
 Big brother Murphy enjoying a slice of pizza and my attempts at most likely uncool conversation : )

                                                      Chloe checks for whales.

                                                     Don't know what these two are up to.

 
 Dress-up and dancing is usually the order of the day, and Chloe found a get-up she was in love with. And ordered me to take photos as she offered various humorous poses.




                                  Haha- The others were strangely cute- this one was questionable!

                                               What Dax and Colin thought of the charade.










No comments: